Hub is the management team of the Kapiti Women’s Centre with overall responsibility for the Centre.
Skills you need to be a HUB member:
- An active interest in supporting women
- An ability to work in a collective environment
- Experience with problem solving and decision making
- Be self motivated and a creative thinker
- Have time and energy to commit to the management of KWC
If you would like to be part of this team then:
- Come along to a minimum of three HUB meetings and meet with us to decide if this is a group you would like to join
- Following this, you will be interviewed by two HUB members. This is a two-way process to assess if you want to be part of the group and if we think you will be a good fit with the group.
You will be asked to:
- Attend a HUB meeting at least once a month and often more frequently
- Contribute to supporting the Centre Manager with a range of activities including: Strategic Planning; health and safety; legal and financial matters; employment of both paid and unpaid staff policy and procedures.
- Working with the Centre Manager in the overall planning for the Centre’s continuing work and development.
- Participate in Centre activities such as annual Hui, fundraising and social events.