The Kapiti Women’s Centre provides a low cost crèche that operates alongside the education programme. Although some staff are paid to provide this service funds are limited and extra help is always welcome.
Skills you need to be a Crèche Worker:
- An active interest in supporting women
- An active interest in children
- An understanding of appropriate childcare
- Able to be creative and responsive in your interactions with children
If you would like to be part of this team then:
- You will be asked to come to an interview with a Hub member, the Coordinator and the Crèche Coordinator
- You must be willing to adhere to the policies and procedures of the KWC, especially in relation to the operation of the crèche
You will be asked to:
- Be responsible to the Crèche Coordinator and follow her guidelines
- Look after all children in the crèche in a caring and responsible manner at all times.
- Make good use of crèche facilities to give children a wide range of interesting activities, taking into consideration their different ages and needs.
- Assist with the setting up and cleaning up of the crèche area
- Participate in Centre activities such as Hui, fundraising and social events